Empowering the Education
Consumer, Shaping the Future
of Postsecondary Education
30+ In-depth Questions
1 Unprecedented Study
Regardless of attainment level, including those who did not graduate high school, respondents are asked in-depth questions about the factors that influenced their educational path. They are also asked to share insights on how their education has shaped their employment outlook and careers. Below are some of the questions Gallup and Strada Education Network ask each adult:
- If you had to do it over again, would you still choose the same major, institution and degree?
- From what resources or people did you receive advice about your major?
- Was your coursework relevant to your career?
- Do you feel as if you NEED to obtain additional education in order to advance in your current career?
- Why did you not complete your degree program?
- What is the main reason you took college courses but did not complete a degree?
- If you had the opportunity to do so, how helpful in advancing your career would it be to obtain an additional education credential?
Through groundbreaking insights into the student experience, the Education Consumer Pulse will empower more U.S. students to make informed decisions about postsecondary paths that achieve their individual goals, advancing Completion With a Purpose® and economic prosperity for our nation.
Strada Education Network and Gallup are pleased to have support and guidance from a number of recognized higher education, policy and employer partners through our Education Consumer Pulse Advisory Committee. Members of the committee include the following:
- Molly Broad, President, American Council on Education
- Michelle Cooper, President, Institute for Higher Education Policy
- Michael Crow, President, Arizona State University
- Glenn DuBois, Chancellor, Virginia Community College System
- John Engler, former governor of Michigan; Former President, Business Roundtable
- Lucia Folk, Vice President of Public Affairs, Country Music Television
- Marshall Grigsby, President and CEO, Grigsby and Associates
- Martha Kanter, Executive Director, College Promise Campaign; Senior Fellow, Steinhardt Institute for Higher Education Policy at New York University
- Les Lenkowsky, Special Counsellor to the Dean, Lilly School of Philanthropy, IUPUI
- Teresa Lubbers, Commissioner, Indiana Commission for Higher Education
- Tom Luna, Senior Vice President and Chief Government Relations Officer, Project Lead the Way
- Jack Markell, former governor of Delaware
- Wes Moore, Founder and CEO, BridgeEdU
- Marc Morial, President, National Urban League
- Beverly Perdue, former governor of North Carolina
- David Soo, Senior Policy Advisor, U.S. Department of Education
- Johnny Taylor, President and CEO, Thurgood Marshall College Fund
- Victoria Vasques, CEO, Tribal Tech
- Ben Wallerstein, CEO and Co-Founder, Whiteboard Advisors
- Grover "Russ" Whitehurst, Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution
Learn more at:
Connect with us:
Gallup delivers analytics and advice to help leaders and organizations solve their most pressing problems. Continuing more than 80 years of experience with its global reach, Gallup knows more about the attitudes and behaviors of employees, customers, students and citizens than any other organization in the world.
Learn more at gallup.com
Learn more at:
Connect with us:
Strada Education Network, formerly USA Funds, is a new kind of nonprofit organization that takes a fresh approach to improving the college-to-career connection. Through a unique combination of strategic philanthropy, research and insights, and innovative solutions, Strada Education Network advances Completion With a Purpose, building a more purposeful path for America's students to rewarding careers and fulfilling lives.
Learn more at stradaeducation.org